Senior Digital Product Designer
About Mentally Friendly
We're an agile digital product studio that strives to create meaningful and engaging experiences that solve real needs. We’re made up of fifty passionate team members split across two studios in Sydney and London.
We’re a friendly bunch (its in the name), so a social personality, sense of humor, party tricks and a good play list will go a long way. We host regular knowledge sharing events and enjoy an annual holiday away together every year.
We are only as strong as the people who work here. We’re serious about agitating the digital space, working collaboratively in the pursuit of awesomeness and enjoying ourselves along the way.
We’re on the hunt for a Digital Product Designer who is as excited as we are about the possibilities to create innovative products that solve real problems. You’ll ideally have digital in your blood, and be at home creating responsive sites and apps that put people first.
Along-with the usual strong conceptual skills, eye for style, and energy for details, you’ll design and make with intent. All our work is crafted with thought and strategy behind it. You’ll take a leading role in our discovery workshops where you’ll dream up and articulate big ideas and run co-design sessions with the project team.
You’ll also be comfortable having your work put through it’s paces with real people and be intimately involved with shaping and observing user testing in our newly installed ‘spy room’, complete with one-way mirror.
You’ll work alongside a talented team of makers and be comfortable thrashing out the details and passing your own knowledge on to junior team members. You’ll also be expected to lead projects for major global and domestic brands and drive those projects to the strongest possible solution whilst being supported by a like-minded digital specialists. We work highly collaboratively with our clients and this includes periods working off-site embedded with their internal teams.
- At home with the tools of modern product design: Sketch, InVision, Framer, Adobe CC etc. Ability to code (HTML/CSS/JS) is advantageous but not essential.
- You think through making and are comfortable working from paper sketches through to interactives prototypes to visualise and test solutions.
- Naturally empathetic you’ll have a strong knowledge of human centered design techniques and approaches.
- Comfortable putting your work in-front of real customers with regular user testing and think in assumptions and are on a constant quest to validate your work.
- Thrive on the natural uncertainty inherent in agile product design, you’ll be comfortable adjusting course based on user insights and changing priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly and inspire confidence with team-mates and clients whether that’s a design documentation or leading a client workshop.
- You value collaboration and are at home working within a multidisciplinary team alongside Developers, Strategists and Product Managers.
- You think strategically. Identifying real problems and understanding which are the most pressing to solve.
You wont be:
- Working on banners (ever)
We believe that fun and excitement are key ingredients to great work. Even when the projects are hard we always find time for good times.
We do lots of studio events, everyones birthdays, studio trips away for the weekend, team dinners, Brew club, board games, book club and other great things that start with B.
Purpose built studio
Our studio space was designed for productivity and comfort, not showing off to clients. Expect a relaxed environment with all the things you need and none of the fancy white meeting rooms you don’t.
Every opinion is heard. Everyone presents their own work. Be supported by team leads, not managed. Own your projects from beginning to end.
Our mission is to find the best design thinkers and empower them to learn, grow, and solve problems, together. You'll be backed by a team who will invest in your career progression and development.
Check out our site for more on what we do.
Scope our Instagram to see what we look like.
Read our Medium to understand who we are.
Please provide a link to your portfolio, CV, LinkedIn profile or anything else that lets us know about you below.
We are happy to sponsor the right candidate.