Senior Digital Product Designer
We exist to rapidly discover, validate and build new products and services together with the change makers we partner with.
Three core principles define the way we work:
Happy teams create change
Understanding how to build happy, productive teams is the secret to our success. We work in tightly knit, flat structured teams that work highly collaboratively not just with each other but with our clients' team.
Make it real
We make with intent, bringing ideas to life quickly and getting them in front of real people as soon as possible. We’re about prototyping and testing every day over long-winded research documentation.
We’re about much more than just digital interfaces, more important to us is the intelligence behind experiences. Understanding the decision making processes that build out an idea and solve a problem, is where truly transformative value can be created.
We work across a broad range of clients from start-ups to established global enterprise businesses. Problems and projects are ever changing for us but today we’re working on solving the following meaningful problems:
In Mental Health
Working in conjunction with Australia’s leading provider of therapeutic services we are helping those with mental wellbeing issues connect with the right therapist at the right time.
Optimising the experience for first-time gym visitors by creating an experience which reduces their anxieties and unearths their true motivations so trainer and trainee can collaborate on a meaningful goal and plan
We are working with some of Australia’s largest financial institutions to help their customers gain clarity of thought around their finances, and lay the groundwork for positive behaviour change.
And lots more across Government, Education and Culture sectors, all with a focus on creating positive impact in people's everyday lives.
We’re on the hunt for a Digital Product Designer who is as excited as we are about the possibilities to create innovative products that solve real problems. You’ll ideally be a ‘digital-native’, and be at home creating responsive sites and apps that put people first.
Along-with the usual strong conceptual skills, eye for style, and energy for details, you’ll design and make with intent. All our work is crafted with thought and strategy behind it. You’ll take a leading role in our discovery workshops where you’ll dream up and articulate big ideas and run co-design sessions with the project team.
You’ll also be comfortable having your work put through it’s paces with real people and be intimately involved with shaping and observing user testing in our newly installed ‘spy room’, complete with one-way mirror.
You’ll work alongside a talented team of makers and be comfortable thrashing out the details and passing your own knowledge on to fellow team members. You’ll also be expected to lead projects for major global and domestic brands and drive those projects to the strongest possible solution whilst being supported by a like-minded design thinkers. We work highly collaboratively with our clients and this includes periods working off-site embedded with their internal teams.
- At home with the tools of product design: Sketch, InVision, Framer, Adobe CC etc. Ability to code (HTML/CSS/JS) is advantageous but not essential.
- You think through making and are comfortable working from paper sketches through to interactives prototypes to visualise and test solutions.
- Naturally empathetic you’ll have a strong knowledge of human centered design techniques and approaches.
- Comfortable putting your work in-front of real customers with regular user testing and think in assumptions and are on a constant quest to validate your work.
- Thrive on the natural uncertainty inherent in agile product design, you’ll be comfortable adjusting course based on user insights and changing priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly and inspire confidence with team-mates and clients whether that’s a design documentation or leading a client workshop.
- You value collaboration and are at home working within a multidisciplinary team alongside Developers, Strategists and Product Managers.
- Confident facilitating workshops with teams.
- You think strategically. Identifying real problems and understanding which are the most pressing to solve.
If you're reading this and thinking I'm not sure if this is me but I'd still love to work with these people then send us your deets.
We believe that fun and excitement are key ingredients to great work. Even when the projects are hard we always find time for good times.
We do lots of studio events, everyones birthdays, studio trips away for the weekend, team dinners, Brew club, board games, book club and other great things that start with B.
Purpose built studio
Our studio space was designed for productivity and comfort, not showing off to clients. Expect a relaxed environment with all the things you need and none of the fancy white meeting rooms you don’t.
Every opinion is heard. Everyone presents their own work. Be supported by team leads, not managed. Own your projects from beginning to end.
Our mission is to find the best design thinkers and empower them to learn, grow, and solve problems, together. You'll be backed by a team who will invest in your career progression and development.
Check out our site for more on what we do.
Scope our Instagram to see what we look like.
Read our Medium to understand who we are.
Please provide a link to your portfolio, CV, LinkedIn profile or anything else that lets us know about you below.
We are happy to sponsor the right candidate in applying from outside of Australia.