Mentally Friendly designs products and services that make people's lives better.
Our product managers are confident, action-biased leaders who align our product and service teams on the validated behaviours of users, technical feasibility and business objectives.
They champion a collaborative and adaptable process that empowers team members to take ownership of their decisions and be the experts in their craft, to drive momentum and deliver great work.
In order for a product or service to make an impact and be successful, we have identified the need to be involved in driving policies that support products, and building happy and multi-disciplinary teams that deliver them.
We are currently working on user-centred solutions for not for profits, government departments, NGOs and financial institutions.
We are looking for a strategic thinker to join our passionate product management team to lead out the design of products and services focussed on mental, physical and financial wellbeing.
- Set up the project with the right approach and team structure
- Plan and facilitate workshops to define the problem and design the right solution
- Define a process for problem solving with a multi-disciplinary product team
- Drive the product vision and facilitates alignment
- Roadmap product features and prioritises based on user needs and business value
- Facilitate sprint rituals to drive momentum, transparency and communication
- Monitor project resourcing, profitability and progress
- Collaborate with and empowers a team of designers, developers and strategists
- Drive client communication and brings them n the journey
- Create assumptions and experiment, facilitates user testing and synthesises insights to inform decisions
As a Mentally Friendly Product Manager, the below are behaviours we practice and mindsets we adopt to do great and meaningful work with happy team.
- Understands user needs and their priorities, and keeps the team focused on the user, whilst considering technical feasibility and business objectives.
- Challenges people where necessary to drive forward and align teams on a product vision that's backed by evidence.
- Comfortable working collaboratively with the ability to adapt to new information, changing needs and unknowns.
- Builds trust with clients and understands how best to bring them along the design journey, so there is joint ownership over project responsibilities and outcomes.
- Understands how to build a successful and customised approach for each problem we solve, and knows which people and skills are needed to do our best work.
- Encourages collaborative team work, where each person is empowered as the expert in their craft to take ownership in their decisions and collectively drive the project forward.
- Plans and confidently facilitates processes and workshops to bring the team together around problems, and ideate ways to overcome challenges.
- Intuitively understands and shares how a team or a project are performing, and knows that successful projects are more than delivering on time and on budget.
We believe that fun and excitement are key ingredients to great work. Even when the projects are hard we always find time for good times.
We do lots of studio events, everyones birthdays, studio trips away for the weekend, team dinners, Brew club, board games, book club and other great things that start with B.
Purpose built studio
Our studio space was designed for productivity and comfort, not showing off to clients. Expect a relaxed environment with all the things you need and none of the fancy white meeting rooms you don’t.
Every opinion is heard. Everyone presents their own work. Be supported by team leads, not managed. Own your projects from beginning to end.
Our mission is to find the best design thinkers and empower them to learn, grow, and solve problems, together. You'll be backed by a team who will invest in your career progression and development.
Check out our site for more on what we do.
Scope our Instagram to see what we look like.
Read our Medium to understand who we are.
Please provide a link to your portfolio, CV, LinkedIn profile or anything else that lets us know about you below.
We are happy to sponsor the right candidate in applying from outside of Australia.